New to the Blog? Start Here.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

So, what's the deal?

I'm sure most people have given up checking this site for updates, but for anyone who's still holding out hope, I decided to post a bit of an update.

Since around last December, I really haven't touched the story. I dabbled with it on the occasional Amtrak ride over the summer, but put in really no serious effort.

Over the last three weeks, I've told the story twice to people when it came up in conversation. Both times those listening absolutely loved it and I gave some thought about continuing updating this page.

I've decided, however, not to. To do so would require me to continue to write this story out in a linear nature, which is one of the factors that slowed my progress in the first place.

Another reason why I won't be updating this page is I've made the resolution to get this story published, ideally within a year. All future efforts will be put into writing the book and editing what I have already written. I'll try and post occasional updates on my progress on here, and of course, if and when I actually publish it, a link to where you can buy it.

Today I started on writing the first new chapter in a long, long time. With hope, by the time I start school at UVM as a junior (a year from now), I'll have a finished, bound copy to hold in my hands.

4 Comments:

Blogger Indeterminacy said...

Hey, thanks for filling us in on what the status is - I indeed had been checking back from time to time. This is a story that needs to be told. Maybe no moreso than before. Wishing you all the best in finding a publisher.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope it does get published...because to leave us hanging like this is pure torture. I don't appreciate it! LOL

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you write some more

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is the next chapter?

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home